Embedded Systems Engineer
November 01, 2016
Job Title: Embedded Systems Engineer
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Piezo Technologies, a division of Meggitt Sensing Systems, seeks an Embedded Systems Engineer for its growing product design team located in Broomfield, Colorado. Located in the Boulder-Denver corridor just minutes away from the Rocky Mountains, we develop ultrasonic measurement systems for a wide range of industrial applications including oil and gas, medical, and non-destructive test. This position offers an opportunity to work in an exciting and fun R&D team environment.
The right candidate for this position will be an experienced engineer who has demonstrable skills coding real-time embedded firmware using C and C++, complemented by embedded systems hardware design. This candidate must enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Participate in the design, test and system characterization of ultrasonic measurement systems
- Ensure that the final system, which integrates sensors, analog electronics, digital signal processing, and digital communications meet key system performance requirements.
- Develop real time firmware in C and (some) C++ on multi-core ARM and DSP processors
- Design, implement and debug prototype circuits to support firmware testing and development
- Design, implement and debug low/medium-speed digital and mixed signal circuits at an intermediate level, including some schematic capture and PCB layout
- Create documentation and (some) presentations, participate in design reviews and other technical communications with internal and external teams
Piezotech LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage Minorities, Females, Disables and Veterans to apply.
- A suitable candidate must have/be:
- BSEE +5yrs, MSEE +3yrs experience in a project development environment
- Experience coding real time algorithms on single and multi-core 16/32-bit processors using C or C++, especially ARM and TI DSPs.
- Experience with an embedded RTOS is a plus
- Experience with software development processes for medical, automotive, or aerospace is a plus
- Design of simple Analog/Mixed-Signal circuitry at component level: filters, amplifiers, I/O interface circuits, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Working knowledge of Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB design a plus.
- A self-motivated, diligent, team oriented individual with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable operating in a rapidly changing and growing organization
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Applicants must be US Citizens or have permission to work within the US
Piezo Technologies, an Indianapolis based technology leader in the design and manufacture of a diverse array of ultrasonic components, sensors, and systems supporting the medical device, oil services, military, aerospace, and commercial markets. Piezo Technologies provides complete piezoelectric ceramic, piezoelectric transducers and custom ultrasonic transducer solutions.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.